Saturday, June 8, 2013

Norman, Oklahoma

Been in Norman Oklahoma for 3 days now. I was born to go on vacation. Lounging by the pool, waking up whenever, never cooking or cleaning up, just eating whatever you want (healthy stuff of course). I looovvve to relax. Today we went into Oklahoma City and went to the Art Museum there. On the first floor were some awesome black and white photos of famous people like Madonna, David Bowie, Nelson Mandela, and Johnny Depp. The photos rocked. Black and whites are my favorite. The 2nd and third floor were so-so. I'm not into paintings so much, unless it's like Monet or Van Gogh. We then walked around and went into Bricktown, where the cool people go. There were pubs and pubs and more pubs, a giant bicycle where people could get on and peddle and drink while they did so, and there was an event center where we were going to see John Fullbright, Tony Lucca, Cory Chisel and the Wondering sons, and more folk musicians, but the $15 tickets sold out and it was $72 for the both of us and well, as much as I wanted to go I just couldn't spend that much. I'm on a limited budget on this vacation, unfortunately. What it would be like to make 100 grand a year and be able to do all the fun stuff you ever wanted, one day. So tomorrow John Fullbright is playing at the Lions Park here in Norman for free! So I will get to see him. I checked out a song of his on Youtube called Satan and St. Paul and it's awesome. Great guitar playing with a raspy soulfull folklike voice. Can't wait. We did go to a tavern and I had an Apple Cider, de-lish, but had to leave before I finished the second one because a wa ve of anxiety washed over me with each gulp. Something about alcohol brings on the anxiety. Max was great, he didn't even finish his beer and just guided me back to the car looking at me with concern making sure I was alright. Such a sweetie. He's a keeper for sure. He's laying in bed right now watching True Blood laughing out loud every now and then. I wanta just go jump on him and tickle him and wrestle him. Soon I will do just that. :) Happy times... Oh I did see in Oklahoma City a block where the tornado hit. It wasn't a big section of debris, but where it hit it demolished the houses and trees. I wondered if everyone made it out ok from that. Hopefully they were in a storm cellar or shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment